CEO of Pison Tipping Point Limited, Blossom Aruedoghene Pogbe is one the Leading women in food products business.
The humble and intelligent graduate of B.Sc. Geography and Regional Planning from the University of Benin, Edo State in 1999 and Masters in Industrial and Labour Relations from University of Lagos, Lagos State in 2010, has over 15 years of work experience which cuts across Telecommunication, Infrastructure and Oil & Gas Industries. She has worked in various capacities over the years and grew in leadership roles from Officer to Supervisor/Senior HR Advisor and to Acting HR Manager.
In an interview recently with Zivang online team Mrs Blossom Aruedoghene Pogbe talks about her inspiration, challenges and future plans.
Read interview below.
Let’s meet the brain behind Blossom Food Products Pison Tipping Point Limited?
Blossom Aruedoghene Pogbe is a seasoned Human Resource Professional and an Entrepreneur with foundational experience in Marketing/Sales and Customers Service Relations. She is currently saddled with the responsibility of running, managing and growing the Brand, Blossom Food Products, the product arm of Pison Tipping Point Ltd.
Married to Anthony Pogbe and blessed with two awesome boys.
What inspired you to start up Blossom Food Products Pison Tipping Point Limited?
The inspiration to start up my own business is an aggregate of several factors, among which are:
- To create an additional source of income
- I had a horrible experience with adulterated palm oil when I moved to Lagos some years back. Since then, I had the “push” to bridge quality gaps in the food industry.
- The agricultural sector is an area with huge untapped potential, so thought it would be a good venture to play in the sector
- To create opportunity for employment in future
- To build a legacy one can fall back on when retired.
What are the challenges of running your business during covid-19 & after covid -19 period?
The major challenge of running our business during Covid-19 was re-stocking our products from our vendors due to inter-state movement restrictions. There is also a decline in sales post covid-19 lockdown apparently due to job losses. This is a big challenge we are trying to cope with since salaries and other fixed operational costs are still constant.
As an entrepreneur what keeps you going in this thriving time globally?
We are encouraged by Robert Schuller words which says “Tough times don’t last but tough people do”. We also believe that every adversity carries the seed of greatness in it. In addition, I have burnt the proverbial bridge and there is no going back – the only option left is to go ahead and conquer.
What makes Blossom Foods stand out from other brands?
From the SWOT analysis we conducted (which is a continuous exercise), I will use our strength to answer the uniqueness of our business
- Good quality food products
- NAFDAC certification
- Attractive packaging and labels
- Home/Office delivery services
- Excellent service delivery which gives our customers memorable experience
- Online presence
Kindly mention nutritional benefits of these products?
Benefits of palm oil include decreasing cholesterol levels, reducing oxidative stress, boosting brain health, slowing the progression of heart disease, increasing vitamin A status, and improving skin and hair health.
High-quality honey contains many important antioxidants. Antioxidants have been linked to reduced risk of heart attacks, strokes and some types of cancer. They may also promote eye health. Honey Can Help Suppress Coughs in Children.
What’s your take on living a healthy lifestyle?
As the old saying goes “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. A Healthy lifestyle is a must if we must stay happy and productive. This includes healthy eating, adequate rest and regular exercise. The core of these is healthy diet – you are what you eat.
Any plan to create job employment through this company?
One of the core reasons for setting up Pison Tipping Point Ltd. is to create opportunity for employment (both short term and long term). Bridging the packaging and distribution gap in the food value chain will encourage farmers to scale up production; create employment opportunities for potential farmers; distributorship channels for vibrant marketers. Currently, some fresh graduates have indicated interest in distributing our products.
Again, part of our long-term plan is to set up Oil Palm plantation – this is a huge potential for primary and secondary employment opportunities.
What are the things you can’t do without on a daily basis?
We have a heavy presence in the online ecosystem and as a result I can’t do without visiting the online space daily to oversee the work of our social media assistant.
Aside work, how do you relax yourself?
Aside work, I relax by cooking, gisting with my husband and sons, or sightseeing.
As an entrepreneur, where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
In the next five years I see our business being among the top five quality food hub for Europe and America.
Advice to your fellow start up entrepreneurs?
- You need an idea that people are ready to pay for – product or service
- Be Optimistic– It’s difficult to succeed at anything if you don’t believe in a good outcome.
- Stay on the side of the law: (1) Register you business – You can begin with a business name (2) Register you product(s) if required (3) Register with tax agencies
- Engage the services of professionals – Accountant, Lawyers etc. It will save you a lot of money in future
- Get more knowledge through reading of books, attend trainings/seminars via zoom, webinars and other online platforms, professional or business associations
- From inception, keep records of sales and expense
- Don’t quit – the journey is not a smooth ride but it’s worth it
Check out Blossom Foods instagram page :@blossompalmoil